Paint brand Valspar, part of the Sherwin-Williams Consumer Brands Group, has picked a dozen shades as its 2021 Colors of the Year, aiming to “evoke calm, serenity and simplicity.”
With this palette, Valspar seeks to empower consumers to take control of their environments and create spaces that will expand their worlds, calm their minds and enrich their lives. In addition to promoting well being, Valspar’s 2021 Colors of The Year were designed to make it simple for consumers to navigate DIY projects.
“Our homes have become offices, entertainment centers and classrooms, which means the colors, sights and sounds in our rooms have an even bigger impact on our daily lives,” said Sue Kim, Valspar color marketing manager. “These lifestyle changes coupled with a surge in DIY home activity helped guide our selection of a range of colors for Valspar’s 2021 Colors of the Year that not only can transform your space, but also elevate your mood.”
For the second year in a row, the dozen Colors of the Year were photographed in people’s homes, giving the colors and images an aesthetic that represents the lifestyles of today’s paint buyer.
All 12 colors are available at Lowe’s and independent retailers nationwide, although color names and shades vary slightly at each retailer. Learn more about these shades at this link:
- Blissful Blue – This muted indigo taps into the organic tones of a morning mist.
- Lowe’s: 4005-3C Blissful Blue
- Independent retailers: V111-4 Norwegian Night
- Soft Candlelight – A mature yellow that lights up a space with a golden glow.
- Lowe’s: 3005-6C Soft Candlelight
- Independent retailers: V050-1 Morning Blossom
- Granite Dust – Inspired by the protective qualities of natural stone, Granite Dust allows you to create your own personal haven.
- Lowe’s: 5006-1C Granite Dust
- Independent retailers: V142-3 Gray-Green Linen
- Cherry Taupe – Cherry Taupe is a botanical neutral that adds rich sophisticated softness.
- Lowe’s: 1005-10A Cherry Taupe
- Independent retailers: V081-4 Burnished Apricot
- Arizona Dust – This Modern apricot shade with a bold twist evokes our desire to embrace vibrant tones from nature.
- Lowe’s: 2003-8A Arizona Dust
- Independent retailers: V045-3 Peach Squared
- Garden Flower –Modernly classic like white roses, this natural tint is soft and simple setting our mind at ease.
- Lowe’s: 5004-3B Garden Flower
- Independent retailers: V097-2 Succulent
- Academy Gray – A deep blueish gray that promotes the importance of time spent at leisure, allowing us to unwind and relax.
- Lowe’s: 5001-2A Academy Gray
- Independent retailers: V138-5 Flannel Gray
- Unforgettable – A shade with no time restraint, this white has warmth to soften rooms and lend an elevated sophistication.
- Lowe’s: 7003-2 Unforgettable
- Independent retailers: V094-1 Quill
- Gallery Gray – Embodying minimalism, this fresh shade of warm grey inspires a feeling that is modern and natural.
- Lowe’s: 2006-10B Gallery Gray
- Independent retailers: V133-4 Gentry Grey
- Dusty Lavender – Natural dyes are introducing new pastels into the home. Dusty Lavender creates a soft but unexpectedly dynamic feel that is warm and inviting.
- Lowe’s: 1002-7C Dusty Lavender
- Independent retailers: V078-4 Violet Dusk
- Maple Leaf – A warm camel shade that has an authentic quality, embracing our appreciation for a handmade craft.
- Lowe’s: 2008-8B Maple Leaf
- Independent retailers: V089-2 Spiced Latte
- Lucy Blue – Familiar and calming, like the waves of the ocean. We look to blue to bring a playful happiness into the home.
- Lowe’s: 5001-5C Lucy Blue
- Independent retailers: V103-4 Grand Boulevard