On-line residence furnishings retailer Wayfair introduced that its enterprise program, Wayfair Skilled, is asking for submissions for its sixth annual Tastemaker Awards.
Given the various challenges of the previous yr that required companies to change operations in an ever-changing surroundings, this yr’s Tastemaker Awards will acknowledge the resilience of designers and companies throughout industries with the addition of latest award classes and new judges.
“The Wayfair Skilled Tastemaker Awards contest was created to focus on the distinctive and numerous expertise of our members and showcase the perfect of their designs, whether or not massive or small. This yr, we’re extending the award classes to additionally acknowledge their resilience and ingenuity within the midst of a troublesome yr, as they pivoted to make areas safer and extra useful, whereas sustaining excellence in design,” stated Margaret Lawrence, vice chairman of Wayfair Skilled.
The winners might be chosen by a panel of judges spanning a number of industries. This yr’s line-up contains Hadley Keller, digital director of Home Stunning; Nigel Maynard, editor-in-chief of Customized Builder Journal and Merchandise; and for the primary time, a earlier Tastemaker Award winner will be a part of the panel of judges: Galey Alix Gravenstein, inside designer and 2020 recipient of the Wayfair Skilled Tastemaker Award for Finest Business Workplace Design.
Because the inception of the Tastemaker Awards in 2015, tens of 1000’s of entries have been submitted for consideration, however solely 26 designers and design companies have been named winners, representing the perfect in design and innovation.
The 2021 Tastemaker Awards will have fun the yr’s most distinctive designs with the next classes:
- Most Progressive Design for Social Distancing: Finest strategy to social distancing, with a balanced design aesthetic and considerate use of area.
- Finest Use of Outside Area: Finest design of out of doors area , from restaurant patios to residential backyards, managed buildings’ roof decks, or any outside lounge area.
- Most Dramatic Renovation: Finest earlier than & after renovation.
- Finest Residential Design: Finest kitchen, front room, residence workplace, bed room, lavatory, playroom, residence fitness center, or different residential area.
- Finest Business Enterprise Design: Finest typical workplace area, restaurant, resort, or different business enterprise area.
- Most Efficient Use of Shade: Finest use of colour for impression or visible curiosity, throughout any design.
“Annually we see unparalleled creativity from our design and trade professionals that’s really inspirational,” stated Lawrence. “We’re happy to introduce new award classes that acknowledge a shift in design priorities over the previous yr, whereas additionally bringing again some perennial favorites to showcase a broader vary of design artistry and creative options.”
To enter, members can add photographs of their best-designed areas to their Instagram feed, tag and observe @WayfairProfessional, and write a short description with each #WFPtastemakers and #WayfairProStyle included within the picture caption. The competition is simply open to members of Wayfair Skilled.
One winner might be chosen per class and awarded the next prizes: $1,000 to buy throughout Wayfair and its household of manufacturers, promotion of their profitable design on Wayfair Skilled’s social media channels, and inclusion within the Tastemaker Award winners’ press launch and weblog. The decision for submissions opens February 23 and runs by means of March 9 at 11:59 p.m. EST.