WOW winners, from left: Madeline Brown, Tami Capriotti, Gail Doby, Sydney Vigotov, Kimberly Ward and Meganne Wecker
HIGH POINT – WithIt, a women’s leadership development network for the home and furnishings industries, has announced the winners of its 2020 WOW Awards.
These annual awards recognize business leaders nominated by their peers who have contributed to the success of the home and furnishings industry and have demonstrated significant impact on their companies and the industry.
In November, a panel of five judges scored packages and recommendations submitted by the nominees. The 2020 WOW Award recipients are:
- Sales Excellence Award: Tami Capriotti, Trusted Advisors Marketing, Inc.
- Mentoring Award: Gail Doby, Gail Doby Coaching & Consulting
- Future Leader Award: Madeline Brown, Sherrill Furniture Companies
- Leadership Award: Meganne Wecker, Skyline Furniture
- Education Award: Sydney Vigotov, Crypton
- Visionary Award: Kimberly Ward, founder of the Black Interior Designers Network
The new Visionary Award honors a woman of achievement whose insight and actions have significantly impacted the home and furnishings industries. WithIt is presenting this award posthumously to Kimberly Ward, founder of the Black Interior Designers Network. Keia McSwaim, current president of the network, will accept the award in her honor.
“What an amazing group of women leaders receiving our 2020 WOW Awards,” said Lorri Kelley, WithIt’s 2021 president. “We are all honored to be a part of an industry that has so many exceptional women doing such important work for their companies and our collective businesses as a whole.”
Following the 2021 market changes, WithIt is reworking its plan for honoring all the final nominees. A new date will be announced next month.
WithIt also congratulates the final slate of nominees for 2021’s WOW awards.
- Sales Excellence nominees: Janna Grant, Lakeside Furniture Sales, and Michelle Grant, Dardenne Design
- Mentoring nominees: Cindy Hall, Sherrill Furniture, and Deborah Klein, DK Inside Design
- Future Leader nominees: Sydney Harris, Furnitureland South, and Jessica Phillips, the Phillips Collection
- Leadership nominees: Carrie Dillon, ITA, and Stefanie Lucas, American Leather
- Education nominees: Kim Ballweske, La-Z-Boy, and Nancy Fire, Design Works International
The gala WOW Awards dinner for 2021 will be held Oct. 15 in High Point.