The International Casual Furnishings Assn. (ICFA) has announced the 11 category winners for its annual Design Excellence awards, recognizing each manufacturer for its outstanding product design.
From among the 11 category winners, two products will be selected for the Lilly Award for Outdoor Furniture and Outdoor Accents, and one product will be honored with the Lillian B. Winchester Best of Show Award. All three honors will be announced at the virtual ICFA Awards Gala later this week on Wednesday, Sept. 23.
The Design Excellence category winners include:
- Chaise Lounge: Pavilion Carlyle chaise – John Caldwell
- Complementary Casual Products – Accents: Elaine Smith Tavarua pillow – Elaine Smith
- Complimentary Casual Products – Furnishings: Summer Classics Brant coffee table – Summer Classics Design Team
- Dining Bar Chair: Summer Classics Havana 30-inch barstool – Summer Classics Design Team
- Dining Bar Table: Mamagreen Maxximus Extension dining table – Vincent Cantaert
- Fabric: Glen Raven’s Richard Frinier Collection for Sunbrella Tweeds – Richard Frinier
- Heating/Firepit: Plank & Hide Functional Top fire pit – Plank & Hide Design Team
- Lounge Seating with Cushion: Castelle by Tropitone Berkeley lounge chair – Castelle Design Team
- Lounge Seating without Cushion: Lloyd Flanders Reflections Padded lounge chair – Lloyd Flanders Design Team
- Rugs and Flooring: Treasure Garden Reflections – Ocean Blue – Treasure Garden Design Team
- Shade: Tuuci Northstar Mast – Dougan Clarke
Entrants for the Design Excellence competition must be exhibitors at Casual Market Chicago, must be slated for introduction in the marketplace at the upcoming trade exhibition and must represent “exceptional design innovation and technical product innovation in the category,” according to a release from the ICFA. To see the full list of products entered in this year’s competition, visit the ICFA’s website.
Adelaide “Addie” Elliott is the web editor for Casual Living, Furniture Today and Designers Today. Before being promoted to web editor in May 2019, Adelaide worked as Furniture Today’s editorial intern for a year. Get in touch with her on Twitter at @AElliott_Writes or by email at [email protected].